Alabama Lawyers Litigate a Full Range of Injury Matters
Proven Montgomery firm helps people hurt in accidents
If you’re hurt in an accident or on the job, you face serious challenges: in addition to suffering physical harm, you are likely to see medical bills and other debts pile up quickly, especially if you are out of work. At Donohoe & Stapleton, LLC in Montgomery, we are serious advocates for Alabama residents who have been injured. Whether you are pursuing a personal injury, workers’ compensation or Social Security disability claim, we will work tirelessly to achieve justice for you and your family. Our lawyers have 30 years of combined legal experience and won’t let greedy insurance companies or impersonal government employees trample your rights. Get the legal help you need to protect you and your family’s financial future with local professionals who are familiar with relevant federal, state, and even city-level laws.
Advocates seek payment for workers’ compensation and disability claimants
Attorney Cathy Donohoe has earned a strong reputation in the Montgomery area for delivering strong advocacy in all types of injury cases. During a free initial consultation, we can discuss your legal options relating to:
- Personal injuries — If you’ve been hurt or if a loved one has been killed due to someone’s negligence, we can seek a financial recovery from each liable party. Whether the personal injury resulted from a fall, a dangerous product or some other type of carelessness, our firm presses to hold the faulty parties accountable.
- Motor vehicle accidents — Car, truck and motorcycle crashes can cause devastating damage in an instant. Alabama law allows auto accident victims to file claims with their insurance company or the carrier covering the at-fault driver, but lawsuits are also possible under certain circumstances. We will advise you on the best option for your situation and work toward a fair settlement or verdict.
- Workers’ compensation — People who have been hurt during the course of their employment are entitled to reimbursement for medical costs and a share of their lost wages. If you are unsure how to file a workers’ compensation claim or if your application for benefits has been denied, we have the ability and background to handle this complicated insurance system.
- Wrongful death — Alabama law gives personal representatives of a deceased victim’s estate the opportunity to initiate a wrongful death suit against defendants responsible for the fatal incident. Whether the case involves carelessness or intentional misconduct, we work diligently to hold wrongdoers accountable through punitive damages.
- Social Security disability — Whether your injuries are work-related or caused by another’s negligence, the Social Security disability system provides income when your condition prevents you from working. However, the process of obtaining disability benefits is long and often frustrating, and many valid claims are denied initially. As such, trying to negotiate this system without the help of a disability benefits lawyer can put you at a significant disadvantage. We can explain the eligibility standards and build the strongest possible argument for a fair result.
We take a comprehensive approach to each matter that we handle, seeking compensation from all potential sources. For example, personal injury victims who are out of work due to their condition might also be entitled to receive Social Security disability benefits.
Contact a dedicated Alabama injury lawyer for a free initial consultation
Donohoe & Stapleton, LLC advocates for Alabama residents in personal injury, workers’ compensation and Social Security disability matters. Please call us at 334-269-3355 or contact us online to schedule a free initial consultation at our Montgomery office. We can also visit you in the hospital.